Training and Accreditation
Advantages of Running an “A” Level Clinic
- The four F’S of tee-ball, “FUN”, “FAIR PLAY”, “FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS” AND “FAMILY INVOLVEMENT” are an important element of teaching children and should be foremost in the mind of the coach. Coaches should not be out there just to win at all costs but should provide positive encouragement and feedback to the players.
- You will be given an overview of the role and responsibilities of a coach.
- New coaches will be shown the correct way to teach required skills and techniques necessary for the game of tee-ball.
- New coaches learn the basics of tee-ball which will assist in the continuity of teaching methods between clubs particularly in inter club competitions.
- You will learn how to throw correctly so as to avoid injury to the player’s arm.
- Catching skills and all aspects of fieldwork will also be taught.
- You will be taught how to bat correctly i.e. directional batting.
- Sliding and base running will also be covered in this clinic.
- Diamond drills will be taught (there are 8 basic diamond drills, which can be used at training).
- Rotation of your teams on the field and in the batting line up.
- The clinic also covers teaching players to play as a team and not just as an individual.
- You will be advised how to approach an umpire in a game situation.
- All coaches doing the ‘A’ Level Clinic will receive the “Coaching Manual Diamond Drills”.
- The clinic runs for approximately 6 hours which consists of 4 hours on the field, hands-on drills and 2 hours power point presentation and question time.
- The six hours MUST be completed in order to pass your ‘A’ Level Accreditation. Badge presented on completion, Certificate & Coaching number sent to Club.
- There will be a break for lunch and quick drinks throughout the clinic.
COST TO RUN AN ‘A’ LEVEL CLINIC:
a. $20.00 per participant 16 years and older plus $20 for less than 15 participants. (Invoiced to the Host Club) Country Clubs exempt of minimum 15 participants.
b. Junior Coaches: Participants 13 to 15 years of age. $20 per participant. Participants under the age of 13 are not permitted to attend.
- Extra Manual Coaching Skills & Technique`s and Diamond Drills – $10.00 each.
- Coaching Manual Diamond Drills, Skills & Techniques will be supplied with clinic along with Umpire Rule book and About Tee-Ball & How To Play The Game.a.Country and North-West clubs will need to contact the Chief Coach to ensure arrangements are made for accommodation, meals and transport (as applicable) for the Course Presenter coming to your area. The cost of the accommodation, meals and transport will be at the expense of the club requesting the clinic.
- To arrange a clinic please contact the Chief Coach via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If unable to acquire the minimum number of participants to run a clinic try contacting your nearest club and arrange a clinic together!
For further information contact Chief Coach, TBAWA